Sous vide method of cooking was described more than two centuries ago, as a method to preserve moisture and nutrients in the food. The method involves vacuum-sealing the food item to be cooked in a plastic pouch and immersing it in a water bath containing preheated water at a preset temperature. The immersion times may vary from 1 to 7 hours normally, with some processes taking up to 48 hours. Before buying a sous vide cooker, make sure to go through the best sous vide cooker reviews today.
This article reviews one of the recent models that have been introduced in the market as a one- stop solution for medium to large-scale cooking which heats and circulate water around the pot.
Like the specialty given by the makers, this is a cooker working on Sous vide method, with probably the largest working capacity in its segment today.
* The cooker is best suited for preparing food for small events with around 50-100 people. The cooker can hold up to 25 pouches of 10 ounces each or lesser number of larger pouches.
* The heating system is very effective as it takes only around 1 hour to preheat the water to the temperature required for regular items such as fish, meat, protein pulses, vegetables, desserts etc.
* The stainless steel body is fully water resistant and safety valves are provided in case of emergencies while cooking large quantities of food.
* Good after-sales service and extended guarantee.
* Very useful for preparing large quantities of flavoured food as other methods like grilling or frying may lead to overcooking and loss of flavour.
* Reasonably priced and provided with a magnetic base for attachment to smaller cooking vessels. So an easy down-scaling is possible.
The large working capacity may hamper with the maintenance of even temperature throughout the vessel. This can lead to uneven cooking and inconsistency from edge to edge. Improper cooking becomes a serious issue for people with low immunity. Cleaning may be cumbersome and after-cook smell may persist because of large quantity cooking.
Setting apart the concerns, this cooker is definitely suited for large-scale cooking and flavoured food and yields the taste similar to restaurant recipes.